He was about twenty years old.
"Well we're not used to freedom, we are so used to being told what to do, what to learn. It's good what you are trying to do but you need to start with younger students..."
A remark of a wise old hand at the education game. It is already too late. He is nearing the end of his university degree course. He has important exams to take. Doing anything like real learning is perhaps fun but a bit of a distraction.
Class work Instructions.
- Take two tablets once a week.
- Give them a list of
any old stuffapparently very serious subject matter to cramrevise a week before the test.
- Don't give them too much, nor too little.
- Avoid embarrassing spelling mistakes.
- Ensure an average mark of 12. (A higher mark will not be satisfactory for other departments.)
- Make sure there is no brou ha ha in the classroom.
- Make sure there are no complaints, no cheating, and no taxing thinking for anybody to do.
- Don't forget how lucky you are. (to have a job)
We are all much too busy.
Those above, they have the time, they will decide for us. They are paid enough for goodness sake!
"What do I need to do to get the average? What do I do to get enough to retire?"
Completely unlinked links