Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ajar.


I have found myself in the wings of #clmooc over the past few days.

Last year, I spent much time drawing with Paper by 53 

I can't remember how that happened.

#CLMOOC community opens doors.

It catalysed an escape into one of my favorite past times.

That led into visual mashups.
I gathered stuff together here:


This year, like the year before, I am hanging out in the margins.

I know you're busy making stuff, tweeting at a rate of knots.

I am not pushing it.

Stuff clicks.

I love this type of moment.

I am a bit tired at the end of a very busy year.

I chill out. 

I am getting that urge to play with music apps again.

Why????

I am drawn to doodle not so much with images but with sounds, beats, spoken words, sound effects. 

I gave up playing music early.
I felt I was playing for others...

There were so many silent years.
I am beginning to miss listening.
There are so many unexplored avenues. 

Terry Elliott made a brilliant sound companion to a spoken voice piece which featured in Made in Entropy. 

You can listen to it here:

 


I love how he chucks another log on the fire to stoke up creative dialogue.

Here I am tapping away on a smartphone, while the others sleep, listening to a clock tick.

I open up the laptop to do a couple of embeds and tidy up the formatting.

I wonder if the video has uploaded yet?

23% only...

UNINTRO.

What object am I?

I am ajar

36% processing...

I am impatient.

97%

I sleep-engaged in a #clmooc Twitter chat. 
Finalizing video on Youtube.

I need to sleep.







6 comments:

  1. Being ajar is a pretty damend good object.

    Also, love the layers of this project/conversations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ajar is not an object. I am not open or closed. I write not to be understood :-)

      Delete
  2. "There were so many silent years...."
    Last year my cello split apart in this desert air....I miss it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been fun, but I am weary. The other day in the week one twitter chat I was told that using the word "blindspot" was disrespectful to visually impaired folk. Sigh. I got a response ready, but not sure that game is worth the candle. Your game, however, is worth playing. Keep on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh too. No those games are never worth the candle. I keep playing when and where the urge takes me. Enjoy company :-)

      Delete