Friday, April 3, 2015

Bits and pieces...



Assemble
Disassemble

INTEGRATE
DISINTEGRATE

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."

Leonardo da Vinci


Take 3. 

I had just taken up writing this again when I was interrupted again.

Not only did I lose all that I had added, I lost track again of what I had been writing....

No matter.  

So here I start again. 

So here I am again.

I changed the title again.

I changed my title again.

Title 1: Kaleidoscope
Title 2: Odds and Ends
Title 3: Bits and Pieces

So where was I?

A kaleidoscope image keeps coming back to me. 

I was looking through a kaleidoscope and as I turned the lense I became aware that I was seeing coloured bits of myself or at least bits that I recognised. 

Were they mine, I thought?

It was a vision which emerged on writing in 'An Untext' .

This 'Untext' stems from connections made in #rhizo14.

(If you know nothing of either 'The Untext' or #rhizo14 this will probably make no sense to you.)


I look again through the kaleidoscope. 

I am looking through the lense and I become less and less interested in bit appropriation. 

"That bit is mine."
"That bit is hers." 
"That bit is his".
"That bit is ours.
"That bit is theirs."

I am frankly less and less interested in this.

I am looking again through the lense.

I am captivated by the beauty of the patterns that are emerging. 

I am looking again through the lense.

Bits and pieces...

I seem to be participating in other places on patterns which are being put together at the moment.

I am not all together sure when or where these bits will be seen in other lights of day.

I don't really care one way or another. 

I am just quite happy to play along and enjoy gazing at the patterns.

I am intrigued by what is emerging.

There's a thing with slides. 

I get a slide to play with. 

I enjoy colouring in the space allotted. 

I wasn't quite sure how I got to have such a slide.

I feel a bit like a little kid who gets a piece of paper to draw on.

I like drawing.

There's another thing with slides in a space called Voice Thread.

I enjoy colouring outside the slides.

I enjoy messing with sound and pictures and text.

I enjoy adding bits and pieces of graffiti here and there.

Then there's another thing which seems to be an article. 

I enjoy reading that.

I enjoy the writing bit without the colouring.

I enjoy the writing bit without the speaking.

I enjoy the writing bit without the drawing.

I enjoy being part and particle of making patterns, of becoming patterns...

Outcomes and outflows...

I am coming to conclusions.

I think conclusions and outcomes are deadly. 

I prefer what is unfinished, what is unknown, what is unknowable.

I prefer outflows, outsprings...

There is a quote which emerged in my head which I am struggling to remember.

An angel passes.....

Ah yes, here it is:

"This world is not a data mine to be exploited."

I observe the patterns emerging and say to myself, 

"I belong here."

"Nothing belongs to me."




















2 comments:

  1. Patterns and how we move in and out of them, and beyond them (the famed outliers) is one of tho .... wait ... did I interrupt you? Were you writing something? What did I mean to say? I for...

    ReplyDelete